Letter from the Editor in Chief
This issue includes an article from McMaster University in Canada, with focus on their initiative to build a new generation hybrid vehicle based on the GM Camaro model. The vehicle, EcoCAR 3, has won many awards over the past three years. Another article is from the Illinois Institute of Technology with focus on a new smart grid architecture with enhanced EV integration. A third article summarizes key takeaways from IEEE ITEC Asia-Pacific 2017, which has been gaining momentum.
Ali Bazzi, Ph.D.
About the Newsletter
The Transportation Electrification eNewsletter studies topics that span across four main domains: Terrestrial (land-based), Nautical (Ocean, lakes, and bodies of water), Aeronautical (Air and Space), and Commercial-Manufacturing.
Our topics include the following:
- E-Bus/E-Truck (Heavy Duty Mass Transit)
- E-Utility Vehicles (Golf Carts/Garbage Trucks/Forklifts/Agriculture, etc.)
- Aircraft/Aerospace/UAVs or Drones
- Seaport and logistics
- Micro (personal) E-mobility (eBikes/scooters/tuktuk)
- Autonomous E-mobility
- Charging/Plugged/Wireless (including power utility & electronics)
- Policies, Standards, Regulations & others
The TEC eNewsletter is now being indexed by Google Scholar.
Coming Soon, the 2020 Call for Articles and Submission Guidelines.