IEEE TEC Prize Ph.D. Thesis Talk Award
DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL DECEMBER 16, 2022
The IEEE Transportation Electrification Community invites Ph.D. graduates to submit for the IEEE TEC Prize Ph.D. Thesis Talk. The competition is to provide an international platform for all Ph.D. researchers in the field of Transportation Electrification to present their project — both in academia and industry.
This award recognizes not just quality research, but an engaging presentation understandable for people not versed in the researcher’s narrow specialty.
Who is Eligible
- Ph.D. graduates who defended their Ph.D. or doctoral certificate or have proof of a final thesis between May 1, 2021-August 31, 2022 have defended their Ph.D. recently
- Graduates from any location area welcome
- Participants should show their Ph.D. certificate or proof of thesis defense between May 1, 2021-August 31, 2022
- Current IEEE TEC Members
The Ph.D. thesis should be in the field of interest of the IEEE Transportation Electrification Community. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- Electric vehicles
- Charger, conductive and wireless
- Power electronic devices (Si and wide bandgap) and applications for electric transportation
- Electric rail, Electric rolling stock
- Power train for electric mobility
- Electric machines for electric mobility
- Packaging, integration, and advanced manufacturing for electric mobility
- Transportation systems
- EMI and EMC for electric transportation
- Renewable and alternative energy for vehicle
- Smart grids and micro-grids for transportation, and vehicle to grid
- Electrical energy storage for vehicle
- Security and Information Technology for vehicle and smart mobility
- Electric aircraft, electric vessel
- Light rail, trams, catenary
- Wireless power transfer (WPT) for mobility
- Submission platform opens: September 1, 2022
- NEW Submission Deadline: December 16, 2022
- Announcement of results: January 2023
- Award ceremony: To be Announced (virtual)
IEEE TEC solicits nominations for this award: Only electronic submission as indicated on the TEC website is accepted. The submission must include the following information to identify the participant. The submission must include the following information to identify the participant.
- Full Name
- University/Institute of your Ph.D. study
- IEEE Membership Number
- Date of Graduation or date of defense
- Proof of Ph.D. degree or Defense (eg certificate, letter)
- Thesis Title
- Brief abstract (< 300 words)
- Keywords (3-5)
The submission must be in English; however, a non-English certificate may become with a certified translation document. Please note: the video is limited to 3 minutes, it can be uploaded to the system or provided a link.
Nominations should comply with IEEE Policies and restrictions on awards. Incidents of misconduct including, but not limited to, violations of IEEE's publication policies, will be strongly considered by the awards committee and may be grounds for denial of an award or leadership position.
The winner(s) will receive a certificate and a premium of US$500. A ceremony will be organized, either online or at a TEC-sponsored Conference. A total of up to five awards can be presented.
Guidelines for the video
- The video must first start with an introduction with the title of the thesis, the name of the participant, the supervisor’s name, and name of the institution.
- The presentation must be in English.
- A pure voice-over PowerPoint presentation is not suggested.
- Subtitles may be useful for some complicated technical jargon.
- The video resolution should be high, 1080p or above. (MP4 format is preferred)
Intellectual Property and copyright
- No copyright issues are involved with your presentation.
- Participants must ensure that the intellectual property (IP) has been protected before their submission.
- Consult your supervisor or project sponsor to clear any copyright /IP issues.
- The copyright of the video submitted to the IEEE will be rested with IEEE.
How to Submit
The video should be submitted to the IEEE Openwater platform and the participant will need to have an IEEE account.
Click Here to Submit Your Video.
If you have questions please contact the IEEE Transportation Electrification Community at firstname.lastname@example.org