IEEE ITEC-AP 2022, Haining, China
by Prof. Chushan Li, Organizing Committee Chair
The 2022 IEEE Transportation Electrification Conference, Asia-Pacific (ITEC-AP 2022) was organized by Zhejiang University (ZJU) and sponsored by the IEEE Industry Applications Society, the IEEE Power Electronics Society, the IEEE Power and Energy Society, and the IEEE Transportation Electrification Community. The China Power Supply Society participated as a technical co-sponsor.
The conference was held in a hybrid format, with live sessions on the ZJU International Campus in Haining, China from Oct. 28 through Oct. 31. Prof. Philip T. Krein served as the General Chair. More than 170 papers were presented. The conference had 90 on-site attendees and over 300 online attendees.
ITEC-AP 2022 addressed major topics in power electronics, electric machines, and power systems for transportation electrification. It addresses a variety of transportation systems such as electric vehicles, hybrid and plug-in hybrid vehicles, fuel cell vehicles, heavy-duty and off-road vehicles, rail, sea, undersea, air, and space vehicles. In addition to the oral and poster sessions, there were 6 keynote speeches, 6 tutorials, and 4 industrial sessions related to transportation technologies. The keynotes were:
- Technologies and Challenges for Electrification of Aircraft Propulsion Systems, Prof. Pat Wheeler (University of Nottingham, UK)
- Electric Vehicle On-Board Solar Generation: Motivation, Benefits, and Challenges, Prof. Jennifer Bauman (McMaster University, Canada)
- The Levitation System and the Linear Traction System of the 160 km/h Maglev Train, Dr. Laisheng Tong (CRRC Corp., China)
- Challenges in Solid State Transformer Design for Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructures, Drl Cheng Luo (Eaton Research Labs, China)
- Industry Status and Frontier Technical Challenges of Vehicular e-Powertrains, Prof. William Cai (Harbin University of Science and Technology, China)
- Innovation of New Urban Rail Transit System Based on Guided Bus, Project Manager Xing Xing (Beijing Urban Construction Design & Development Group Co., Limited, China)
About the Newsletter
TEC Call for Articles 2023 - Advances in Charging Systems
The TEC eNewsletter is now being indexed by Google Scholar and peer-reviewed articles are being submitted to IEEE Xplore.
To submit an article click here.